Septic tanks and septic systems require regular maintenance like many parts of your home, vehicle or even your body. 1 in 5 homes in the US have a septic system and proper care will help it to keep working properly for many years.
5 Quick Septic System Tips
- Don’t drive over the septic tank. It can cave in, yes it really can happen!
- Don’t drive over the field lines. This can cause the field lines to be crushed and stop working.
- Don’t build a driveway, deck or patio over the septic system. This makes maintenance very difficult and costly.
- Keep trees and shrubs away from the system. Their roots can get into the tank and field lines and prevent the system from working properly.
- Do pump the tank out regularly to keep the solids from causing issues. State of Tennessee recommends pumping septic tanks every 3 to 5 years.
The Better Business Bureau awarded Allgood the 2020 Torch Award
We provide professional honest work. Our services include – septic system repairs, septic inspections, septic pumping and riser installs to name a few. If you have more questions or wonder how a septic system works, stop over to our blog for more info or click on any of the above links for more details on our services.